Position Title: Analyst
Reports to: Senior Analyst, Senior Associates, and Principals
Starting Salary Range: $70,000 – $85,000
rpk GROUP, a leading higher education consulting firm that supports clients across the country and internationally to design, build, and implement business models that last, is actively searching for an Analyst. The Analyst will have a passion for higher education and dedication to improving student affordability, access, equity, and completion.
The Analyst will support Senior Analysts, Senior Associates, and Principals as part of client-facing teams, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement. This includes executing on project design and approach, gathering, and analyzing data, formulating and testing hypotheses, and supporting the development of recommendations. Examples include the synthesis of large datasets and analysis of student enrollment and success metrics into a succinct story, seamlessly blending traditional analytical tools with emerging visualization tools, linking public data to client data to present new growth opportunities, and recommending best practices for replication of analysis. This work supports rpk’s commitment to bringing actionable solutions to our clients.
The Analyst will work remotely from their own home office and report to a Senior Analyst, Senior Associate, or Principal for supervision and support. Some limited travel will be required for client meetings and several staff meetings per year. Work may be required outside of normal business hours to meet client demands (i.e., in the evenings and weekends), but a flexible schedule during the workday is permitted.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following areas and items:
- Manage, analyze, and visualize data
- Support the entire lifecycle of research related to client projects, including gathering, cleaning, synthesizing, and analyzing data
- Analyze student enrollment and outcomes from an equity perspective
- Perform internal verification of statistical results prior to delivery to client
- Interpret requirements, perform highly complex analyses, and make recommendations to obtain desired results
- Produce unique data visualizations to be used in client communications, presentations, and reports
- Establish data visualization standards and explore new, cutting-edge tools to periodically raise those standards
- Create visualizations to support presentations, reports, and tools for clients, internal staff, and other publications
- Distill quantitative and qualitative data to communicate compelling higher education stories to diverse audiences
- Maintain an understanding of the higher education landscape and current topical issues in higher education
- Leverage public and external databases to support project work, which will include but will not be limited to IPEDS, BLS, and other related education and employment databases
- Maintain rpk’s internal datasets
Project Management and Support
- Support multiple client projects as a member of the team from start to finish, including meeting planning, monitoring deadlines and deliverables, updating work plans, communicating in a timely fashion with team members and clients, and managing workflow and documentation
- Provide technical assistance to clients around current topical issues in higher education, which may include background research, meeting planning and summaries, and technical support for virtual meetings and workshops (e.g., breakout rooms, polls, webinars)
- Coordinate internal standard operating procedures for data visualization and data management
Team and Company Support
- Take on internal roles to help strengthen rpk GROUP as a firm, including but not limited to writing to support rpk’s newsletter, website, and social media engagement
- Position and structure data practices, research methodologies, and presentations as diverse, equitable, and inclusive
- Contribute to rpk’s understanding about current higher education issues and conference opportunities
- Drive process improvements, including the adoption and efficient utilization of new technology
- Work collaboratively on multiple projects in a virtual setting
- Effectively communicate complex ideas visually, verbally, and in writing
The Analyst position requires superb analytical and reasoning skills and mastery of common technology tools. This individual must be engaged, detail-oriented, patient, and helpful; communicate challenges to solve problems; and take direction as well as work independently. Prior experience working with higher education datasets, student data systems, and equitable student success is highly desirable.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three years of progressively responsible technical research or statistical experience, including or supplemented by one year in the interpretation and graphic presentation of data. Graduate study in the social sciences, economics, mathematics, statistics, public or business administration or engineering may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- More than three years of professional and proficient experience in designing and developing high-impact visualization solutions.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills that disseminate information and drive solutions.
- High level of proficiency with data analysis and data visualization using tools such as SAS, SPSS, MatLab/R, SQL.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Power BI, Tableau or other data visualization interfaces.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Advanced skills in virtual meeting platforms, including Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience analyzing HR/personnel and finance data.
- Willingness to travel (up to 10% of time).
rpk GROUP’s compensation package includes a competitive salary (dependent upon experience) and unlimited paid time off (PTO). We outfit staff’s home offices as needed (including a laptop, monitor, keyboard, printer/scanner, etc.); provide monthly stipends for telecommunications; and cover all travel expenses for staff meetings and other required travel.
To be considered for the Analyst position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject header “Analyst Position.” We will review submissions as they are received and will contact applicants to request more information and/or to schedule interviews as appropriate. We seek to fill the position as soon as possible, and it will remain open until filled. No phone call inquiries about the position will be accepted.
rpk GROUP is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applications for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.