Position Title: Analyst
Reports to: Senior Analyst, Senior Associates, and Principals
rpk GROUP, a leading higher education consulting firm that supports clients across the country and internationally to design, build, and implement business models that last is actively searching for an Analyst.
The Analyst will support Senior Analysts, Senior Associates, and Principals as part of client-facing teams, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement. This includes executing on project design and approach, gathering, and analyzing data, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. The Analyst will also present results to clients and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
rpk GROUP is seeking an Analyst with particular expertise and experience in optimizing operations within higher education. Examples would include performing net revenue analysis of individual programs, services, and new initiatives, determining unit cost and the levers impacting that cost, understanding resource allocation models.
The Analyst will work remotely from their own home office and report to a Senior Analyst or Senior Associate for supervision and support. Travel will be required for client meetings and several staff meetings per year. Work may be required outside of normal business hours to meet client demands (i.e., in the evenings and weekends), but a flexible schedule during the work day is permitted.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following areas and items:
Research and Client Engagement
- Conduct primary analysis and secondary analysis for clients in support of project outcomes
- Provide direct support for the entire lifecycle of research related to client projects, including gathering, cleaning, synthesizing, and analyzing data, as well as surfacing findings
- Perform internal verification of statistical results prior to delivery to client
- Develop graphics and/or data visualizations to be used in client communications, presentations, and reports
- Draft, revise, edit and format client communications including data files, surveys, presentations, minutes, etc.
Optimization of Client Operations
- Scaffolding data organization and data delivery for clients that enables capacity building and replication of analysis
- Assessment of client’s current data operations and structures to maximize efficiencies
- Articulation and guided implementation of recommended practices for data workflows that support client priorities and surfaced needs
- Assessment of potential cost savings and reallocation opportunities from implementation of recommendations for optimization.
Project Management and Support
- Support multiple client projects as a member of the team from start to finish, including meeting planning, monitoring deadlines and deliverables, updating work plans, communicating in a timely fashion with team members and clients, and managing workflow and documentation
- Serve as a thought partner to the project leader and other members of the project team, providing feedback on client interactions, critical thinking on how to meet project goals, and planning on project trajectory
- Coordinate internal standard operating procedures for the storing and archiving of data
- Take on internal roles to help strengthen rpk GROUP as a firm, including but not limited to writing, presenting, and engaging across rpk’s professional social media accounts
- Position and structure data practices, research methodologies, and presentations as diverse, equitable, and inclusive
- Drive process improvements, including the adoption and efficient utilization of new technology
The Analyst position requires superb analytical and reasoning skills and mastery of common technology tools. This individual must be engaged, detail-oriented, patient, and helpful; communicate challenges to solve problems; and take direction as well as work independently.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 3–4 years professional experience
- Experience in higher education sectors
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills that disseminate information and drive solutions
- Ability to identify and quickly comprehend data-based research questions, and then independently pursue and integrate data from relevant sources
- Experience in working with complex financial data
- Ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects in a virtual setting
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas visually, verbally, and in writing
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI or other data visualization interfaces
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Willingness to travel (up to 25% of time)
Salary Range: $70,000 – $85,000
rpk GROUP’s compensation package includes a competitive salary (dependent upon experience) and liberal paid-time off (PTO). We outfit staff’s home offices as needed (including a laptop, monitor, keyboard, printer/scanner, etc.); provide monthly stipends for telecommunications; and cover all travel expenses for staff meetings and other required travel.
To be considered for the Analyst position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Analyst Position.” We will review submissions as they are received and will contact applicants to request more information and/or to schedule interviews as appropriate. We seek to fill the position as soon as possible, and it will remain open until filled. No phone call inquiries about the position will be accepted.
rpk GROUP is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applications for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.