Administrative Service Reviews seek to maintain or enhance service levels and remove “pain points,” while also reducing the cost of service delivery. Key areas of focus include:
- Organization restructure (How might we create essential service areas and streamline workflow and decision making?)
- Spans and layers (How much management are managers doing?)
- Shared services (How might the institution consolidate service areas?)
- Third-party partnerships (What partnerships are available to increase quality and reduce cost?)
- Leveraging technology (How can we reduce manual processes?)
These explorations allow institutions to adopt a transformation framework, moving from simple cost savings opportunities, to more significant changes in organization structure, and ultimately toward the creation of an entrepreneurial culture.
Throughout a decade of work on administrative services, rpk has always successfully captured more than 5% of total operating expenses for its clients — savings that can be reinvested in mission and student success efforts.